Friday, September 26, 2008

Internet Critic Reviews - Iron Man Demo

Ugh, I can't beleive I have to do this, well I don't have to but I didn't do anything else today. Whenever a succesful movie is released the obvious merchandise, toys, appearel, and the worst of all video games, are made. By ", the worst of all video games." I don't mean video games are terrible, I mean there is maybe one good movie tie-in video game (the obviously amazing Goldeneye: 007). Iron Man doesn't cut this law nor does it do too bad. Do note I was playing the demo version of this game for 2 reasons, one I only review things that everyone can get, so there either affordably or freely priced, two I'm not buying anymore movie tie-in games since I bought Kung-Fu Panda.

Ok let's go down a group of things I hate about this game. #1 the finicky ass controls. Let's see when you play a video game you expect this to be the controls for say an adventure game, right button is some sort of extra attack and the left trigger does something with the left side of your character. No this game beleives that you get to fly really fast pressing the right button, and fly upwards with the left trigger. Another control issue is that there is no jump button. Like any game A= Jump that's just how it works, but in this game A=LT (Left Trigger)= Upwards flight, its not that annoying but I like jumping, not flying 300 yards in the air before I can go up a ledge.

#2 is the weapons. This one I'm not that mad at, but I don't think just because everyone uses a gun means EVERYONE should use a gun. When you hold the X button you get a giant ray of light that pops out of your chest, where as if you hold the Y button, you get a bunch of missiles that fly out of your hand, and if you hold the RT (Right Trigger) you get a gunshot from the same hand as the missiles. This isn't that bad, but all of the weapons have the same effect except for the chest blast, this attack is 1 hit kill, but you need to charge it meaning you could get killed at any time. Oh and dying you die after you lose energy 3 times in a row, meaning dying is really hard.

#3 the final thing wrong with this game is, flying. "What?!? Iron Man's main power is flight and it's so cool in the movie." Says the guy in the back with the Robert Downey Jr. t-shirt on. Well yes it is his main power, and yes once again it is cool in the movie, but that's it, it's only cool in the movie, but the in-game flight control is like Gears of War's running meets Halo 3's mech suit. When you fly upwards that's all you can do FLY UPWARDS, but if you hold the left trigger you fly as if you were a boulder with wings. What I mean by that is that you fly like you weigh 900 pounds (which you technically do), but when you are flying your movement is so stiff you might as well be a little kid with super-strength throwing a rock that's remote controlled.

Well that's all I have to say today, thank you for reading.

Tell me how terrible I am at reviewing games at: internetcritic@gmail.com
Or insult me personally at: kingbling95@hotmail.com or AIM - Loredivine

Iron Man Movie Site
Sign-up for SwagBucks

No comments: