Saturday, September 27, 2008

Internet Critic Reviews - N

Hey IC here again to bring you some quality information, for absolutely no pay whatsoever. Today would be the second day in a row that I've reviewed a video game, and this game is actually 10 to the power of infinity times better than Iron Man and it's free. Now,N. N is short for Ninja, and is basically a 2-D Ninja game, so I like to call it "Ninja Gaiden: Freeware that just Happens to be good Enough to have a Retail Release." Well here's the story of N. You clicked Run, then you sat there for 15 seconds as it loaded, clicked run again and played it, that's it. There would have been a story to this game if the developer didn't have about $10 to develop the game.

The game play is solid, but is missing the "right stuff", "the essence", what the french might call..... I don't know what. What Dr. Evil's monologue means in this case is that even if there is a really engrossing game play, it will eventually get boring. The game play for this game is basically just going through a couple of levels using only your super amazing ninja powers and jump to the end. What I find interestingly boring about this is to see the end you have to not just do this, but you must also collect yellow blocks that regain the time you have to complete the level. This is reminiscent to Prince of Persia where you need time sand to go back and forth in time. You also have the ability to make your own levels, but does that matter when Boom Blox, SSBB, and like 300 other games have it.
 

  I'm on the Prince of Persia imitations, you have the ability to jump but only so far and only fall so much. The falling is more annoying then my cat that doesn't know how to fuck off, since it changes depending on the level, on one level you could fall 5000 yards and survive, where as on level whatever-the-hell you can fall maybe 300 yards.  The opposite of Prince of Persia is the killing, instead of being stabbed with say a knife, you instead get shot, electrocuted, exploded and well 5-story splatter owned. That's kinda weird that your a ninja, the ultimate human being, yet people still believe shooting you is the correct method of death for you. I'm not saying this is a bad game, but they could have done much better, I guess we'll just have to see if the sequel, N+, is any good when I buy it, If I ever do. Well that's all I have to say, and thank you for reading.

Tell me how bad I am at reviewing games at: internetcritic@gmail.com
or Personally mock me as I expect it at: kingbling95@hotmail.com or AIM - Loredivine.

No comments: